Recently I took Calvin to the local Dragon Boat Festival. I brought Naomi from next door along for a second set of hands because I had no idea what it was going to be like.
The Milwaukee Fire Department was there and let the kids climb in the truck. And gave Calvin a great helmet.
This is a close-up of the one of the dragon boats.
Here's Naomi helping Calvin eat his hot dog while I waited in the insanely long line for Chinese food.
Calvin had enough room leftover for a shrimp rangoon.
This is also the Chinese cultural festival so there were some dragon dances to watch.
Calvin was fascinated.
After the dance, they invited the kids to come up and do some "gangnum style" dancing.
Naomi showed him how to do it.
And Calvin caught on.
Then they ventured on stage.
Calvin was hesitant at first
but then got comfortable
and was a dancing machine.
A very fun new festival for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment